Section 13. God, Supreme Father of the Light
1. He (Zurvan) is the Father of the Greatness, the Glorious One who is adored, for whose greatness there is no measure, who is the Only Self-existent, the Eternal One, who was before everything which has been and which shall be, the Root of all the Lights, the King in the wisdom of the incomparable Sweet Dew. His delicate and wonderful Radiance shines in and out and is aware of all things; He gathers and collects the embodiment of good deeds, and can make us equal to the many Saints.
2. His twelve Hours, His twelve Maidens who surround Him, the garland-laden Victories who give adoration to their King, their harps in their hands, the lutes in their palms, while they sing to the Hidden Father – the Messengers who have finished their course running in joy glorify You as they go to the Light for their garlands. There is no other First God at all, for all other true Gods are derived from His bosom and are but expressions of His qualities.
3. The fruits of the Good Tree begin with Jesus the great Dawn of Glory, the father of all the Messengers; its Reflection is the holy Church; its Intellect the Column of Glory, the Perfect Man; its Insight is the First Man, who dwells in the Ship of the Living Water; its Thought the Third Messenger, who dwells in the Ship of the Living Fire that shines in the Sun; while the Mind is the Father who dwells in the Greatness that is perfected in the Aeons of the Light.
4. See, the Four Days are these: God, the Light, the Power, and the Wisdom – God who is in the Aeons, and the Light that is over them, the Power which upholds the All, the holy Wisdom that is in the Church.
Section 14. The Holy Trinity
1. Glory and victory to the Father, the God of Truth, and His beloved Son, Christ, and the Holy Spirit the Advocate! Jesus the Tree of Life is the Father, the blessed Light-Mind is the Son, the Maiden of the Light, this sweet one is the Holy Spirit.
2. Pious love for the sign of the Father, knowledge of the Wisdom for the sign of the Son, the keeping of the Commandments for the sign of the Holy Spirit!
3. May we gain for ourselves love towards the Father, the faith that is in us towards the Son, the fear of our heart towards the Holy Spirit. The seal of the mouth for the Father’s sign, the calm of the hands for the sign of the Son, the purity of virginity for the Holy Spirit’s sign. So let us pray, my brothers and sisters, that we may find the Father, and fast daily that we may find the Son, and discipline our life that we may find the Holy Spirit.
4. Glory to our Lord Mani through the Father, honour to his Elect through the Son, blessing to his Hearers through the Holy Spirit.
Section 15. The Mother of Life
1. The Fount of every blessing and all the prayers is the Mother of Life, the First Holy Spirit, the First Mother who has come forth from the Father and first appeared, the Glorious One who is the beginning of all Emanations that have come to this world.
2. Know that the grains of the dust of the earth can be measured, with the whole universe, one can count the dust of the earth year after year and number the grains of sand of the whole world; but the length of time the Great Spirit passed in the Father, the First Standing [the very first Being], that one cannot count. He first formed her thus, He kept her in His inner Chamber in quiet and in silence; but when she was needed, then she was called and came forth from the Father of Greatness; she looked after all her Aeons of the Light.